Founded in 1988, Kestrel Guards provides a high quality and reliable Security Service – security guarding, mobile patrols, keyholding and alarm response to commerce, industry, local government and the leisure market across the entire South and South West of England from its strategically placed offices in Southampton, Bournemouth, Devon ,Cornwall, Winchester, Portsmouth, West Midlands and nationally through our approved contractor network.
Kestrel Guards is:
- Assessed and Certified to ISO 9001 by British Assessment Bureau for Security Guarding, Mobile Patrols, Key Holding and Alarm Response and CCTV Monitoring.
- Inspected to NSI Silver Standard (British Standard BS7499, BS7858 and BS7984) by the National Security Inspectorate (NSI).
- A recognised Investor-in-People by the Department of Trade and Industry.
- An appointed NVQ Assessment Centre jointly by City & Guilds and The Security Industry Training Organisation (SITO).
- A member of the International Professional Security Association (IPSA).
- ACHILLES verified (Supplier Number: 86712).
- Safety First: Health & Safety receives the highest priority and consideration is given to every aspect of Health & Safety during operations, training and communication throughout the Company.
- Customer Focus: Our staff are dedicated to satisfying our customers, our management and supervisory staff have personal accountability for customer relations. We maintain strong and open relationships with our customers.
- Performance: We monitor our performance and continually strive to improve.
- People: We employ good people and invest in them through resources and support.
- Integrity: We act with honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- Team Work: We work together for the benefit of our customers, our company and ourselves.
The senior and middle management of Kestrel Guards have the experience and expertise commensurate with the standards advocated by the Security Industry, including a fellow of the International Industry of Security and all have been drawn from the Civil Police, Armed Forces, Fire Service or other recognised bodies or with the qualifications relevant to their position within the Company.
Kestrel Guards aims to reduce as far as possible the impact its operating processes have on the environment. The company is assessed and certified to the Environmental Management Standard ISO 14001:2004 by British Assessment Bureau.
Kestrel Guards take seriously our Corporate Social Responsibility
Health & Safety
Health and Safety receives the highest priority within the company which pro-actively provides training to all its staff to work efficiently in a safe and secure environment. The company has achieved H&S accreditation as a Safe Contractor by National Britannia, an Approved Contractor by SM-MS Contractor Plus Scheme and is accredited by CHAS (Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme) due to its attention to detail, compliance with legislation and its enthusiasm to improve every aspect of safety in the work place.
Kestrel Guards has a NEBOSH qualified Director and an appointed Health & Safety Manager trained to the IOSH Managing Safety Standard, who ensures that the provisions of the Company’s Health & Safety, and Environment Policies are adhered to and that all hazard and risk assessments are carried out in respect of all assignments undertaken by Kestrel Guards Staff.
Key members of Management are IOSH qualified and all our Supervisors have been trained and accredited by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. All security officers undergo Health and Safety at work training as a separate module within their basic security training and additionally are provided with Health and Safety training as part of their company induction training.
The Company further complies with the forms and provision of the ‘Lone Working’ regulations.